How To Make a Fruit Fly Trap
I love all the delicious fruits and vegetables available this time of year, but hate the fruit flies. Below are two similar methods to ridding your kitchen of the annoying little pests.
1. Get out a bowl.
2. Put some wine or vinegar in the bowl, with some old fruit. The website I found this on suggested using red wine and a banana.
3. Put a piece of plastic wrap over the bowl and secure it tightly with a rubber band.
4. Use the tip of a skewer or something long and pointy and poke a bunch of holes in the plastic wrap.
5. Place the bowl in the place in your kitchen where you see most of the fruit flies (and make sure you clean up whatever it was they were attracted to in the first place).
The fruit flies will be attracted to the fruit and wine — and they’ll check in but they won’t check out.
1) Pour some apple cider vinegar into a small bowl.
2) Cover with plastic wrap.
3) Take a fork and poke multiple small holes in the plastic wrap. Don’t worry if a hole rips and is a little bigger than you intended.
4) Now put the bowl near the fruit flies. Give it a day and before you know it, you’ll have a bunch of dead fruit flies inside! I’ve found it doesn’t seem to attract the little pests in the first 24 hours, but after that it’s like a magnet.