These adorable deviled eggs are bound to be a hit with the granchildren!
(picture found on Grannybabyblog.com)
- 12 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned (for the beaks)
- 3 black olives, diced small (for the eyes)
- Cut a 1/2” slice off the top and bottom of each egg (or enough to expose the yolk). Save the tops for later use.
- Carefully remove the yolks, being careful not to tear the whites. (This will take a bit of patience.) Collect all of the yolks into a small mixing bowl and add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and vinegar. Mix until smooth.
- Fill a pastry bag with the yolk mixture and fit the bag with a small tip. Pipe the yolk mixture back into the hollowed hard-boiled eggs until they’re slightly over-filled and you have a small mound.
- Place the top of the egg white (you sliced off earlier) on the yolk at an angle. Then, take two pieces of olive and create eyes, followed by a julienned carrot to make a nose. Refrigerate until ready to serve.